JAMB Arrests 123 Candidates, Parades Staff Over Malpractice

Prof. Ishaq Oloyede, the Registrar, Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) handling inquiries from newsmen.

The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board, JAMB, has uncovered that the 123 applicants captured for acts of neglect amid the PC based test held the country over are presently standing preliminary across the nation.

Support Registrar, Prof Is-haq Oloyede, unveiled this at the board's central command in Abuja, while strutting a staff individual from the examination board, Mr Adamu Musa, who supposedly gathered N25,000 from a confirmation searcher in 2018.

Musa was connected to the Information Technology Service of the body.

The enlistment center stated, "He gathered N25,000 for confirmation. Along these lines, we are not concealing anything. Indeed, even inside, we are doing investigation. Anyone got will be managed by the law."

Talking with newsmen, Musa admitted to the wrongdoing, including that he had discounted N10,000 to the affirmation searcher when the confirmation did not come through.

He portrayed that, "The individual came to me for affirmation and I disclosed to him that I knew individuals who might help. I gathered N25,000 from him. Yet, it didn't work. So I discounted N10,000. He was the person who answered to the enlistment center. The individual I reached to help the confirmation searcher said they had effectively shut the affirmation.

"I am sorry and I need JAMB to temper equity with leniency. This is the primary competitor I gathered cash from."

The punch detailed the individual who paid Musa N25,000, One Bakare Damilola, as saying inconvenience began when the confirmation did not come through and the JAMB laborer wouldn't discount the cash.

He stated, "I am not the one looking for confirmation. I was sent by the dad of the competitor included. I came and disclosed everything to this man (Musa). I composed the hopeful's enrollment number down and he requested that I hold up outside. Afterward, he disclosed to me it would include cash.

"The dad of the young lady, Mr Olaoye, who is situated in Lagos State, sent the cash to Musa's record and I have the teller. Mr Olaoye was edgy for the affirmation of his little girl since she had remained at home for a long time. In the end, the confirmation did not come through. We requested that Musa discount the cash. He continued deferring and I detailed him to the recorder," he clarified.
JAMB Arrests 123 Candidates, Parades Staff Over Malpractice JAMB Arrests 123 Candidates, Parades Staff Over Malpractice Reviewed by Temitope oladapo on May 12, 2019 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.